Today we had a child's baptism in the family of newly activated parents. Their friends and support groups were also new to the church as was the process of the baptismal services, and participating with the ordinances and the talks and prayers. The resulting spirit was simple and sweet. People gave talks for the very first time, baptized loved ones and confirmed members of the family for the very first time.
Many in our ward stayed to support the new families and it was an uplifting experience for us all to participate together. We sometimes take these things for granted as we have witnessed these ordinances many times. Somehow today, it all seemed new. We felt how essential these ordinances are to each of us, no matter our age, to have entered the gate and been given the Holy Ghost to guide us through the experiences of life as we try to live as the Gospel teaches.
We joined our faith with that of the new sister, who gave the prayer, knowing what an accomplishment it was for her, and we all came away better for having been there.
Less travelled roads
We wanted you to see some of the roads we take to get from the main road back to visit some of the good folks here.
We have never been on them during a real Georgia downpour, so we still have that to experience, but each time we turn off onto one of these little lanes it is an adventure wondering what we will find at the other end.
We are glad to have our trusty little gray van. Who knew it would be so important in our assignment?
2 comments:
Those little roads definitely seem like an adventure. I can just imagine bumping down them in the van. Luckily, there probably aren't many cars traveling in the opposite direction -- that really would be quite an adventure.
It's funny how sometimes the things that we take for granted are suddenly seen through new eyes. I've felt that way on a few occasions when attending baptisms. Everything seems just regular, and then suddenly I'm struck with what an amazing thing is actually happening -- it's like realizing all over again what an amazing gift we have been given by living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you both and love hearing about everything that's happening.
Those roads look so romantic...I could imagine you and dad walking down those roads together holding hands...but I guess I'll have to agree with you the silver van will come in handy during upcoming rainstorms.
The baptism sounds sweet. I love when everything seems new.
Post a Comment