Milledgeville Ward Building

The Milledgeville, GA Ward Building
Members come from Eatonton, Gordon, Sandersville, Sparta, Devereaux, and more, as well as Milledgeville. Our ward covers 5 counties: Baldwin, Wilkinson, Washington, Hancock, Putnam.

Monday, April 8, 2013

New Things to Contemplate

Tech-savvy?

Not so much!  I have been trying to figure out how to organize photos on I-photo.  If any of you have a good way, please show me how to do it.  I have spent too much of our P-day trying to follow U-Tube directions and thinking it shouldn't be so hard!

I couldn't resist posting this little text message from Doug.  Sent probably in desperation when my 15 minute excursion into the local department store (Belks) turned into an hour.


I sm in the pseking lot     
...com iout when resdy
love you.

I was still giggling about it when I got to the car.  He said, "Well at least I got the last part right."




Mission President's Question

What if you woke up this morning with only the blessings and talents you thanked Heavenly Father for last night?


I was remembering a hurried prayer mentioning the wonderful Conference and asking for continued blessings for Doug and others who were ill, and you our wonderful family and friends, but very little of gratitude for the blessings and talents that He had already bestowed.  I think I usually do better, but it was food for thought.

How about you?

Georgia, Atlanta Mission Conference

Our mission President is still in the hospital, but we had a mission-wide conference anyway - by phone.  It was an interesting experience to hear everyone checking in from all over the mission for roll call, and then be able to hear various experiences from companionships as well as instructions from our young assistants and the President without having to travel anywhere.  It was amazingly interactive.  Such a new world we are in!  (As for us, our young Elders had to show us how to mute the missionary phone!)


Priesthood Blessings

Doug has been sick all weekend - the kind of scary sounding pneumonia--like, lung rattling that we have dealt with many times in the past.  The clinic was closed for the weekend, and we didn't want to take him into emergency if we didn't have to, so we started the antibiotic that our Dr. from home had sent us with.  He said, "Get on it right away.  Don't wait to see a doctor" - so we did.

Doug slept almost straight through Saturday and Sunday, and the Young Elders gave him a beautiful blessing.  Somehow,  it seemed more special to see them falteringly using their Priesthood authority for one of the first times in this way, and realizing that each priesthood holder, using their authority worthily, has as much power as another, regardless or their experience or position.  



Doug has responded quickly to the meds and the blessing, so much so, that we didn't feel we needed to see the doctor after-all, though we are watching the symptoms closely.  We have been greatly blessed with good health, while we have been here, and we are so grateful.

Although he missed Conference, Doug will be able to pick it up  over the internet now he is feeling stronger. (lds.org)

In fact, here he is today - after a little nap, it's back to the Preparation Day chores!  See, he is even smiling about it.



Later that same day, the young Elders were able to give another Priesthood blessing to our dear 90 year old friend,  Sister Harrison, who suddenly had a stroke-like emergency during the last session of Conference, and had to be taken to Macon for treatment.

A Conference Highlight


When Bruce Porter of the Seventy was speaking about not letting the trials of life dim our faith,  Sunday's afternoon session, he used the example of his friend's voice singing out across campus through the dreary winter morning, a song from the musical, Oklaholma.

Was it just me, or could some of you picture Rob running through the snowflakes on a similar kind of day, or a wheat field in the hot summer singing at the top of his voice, from the musical Oklaholma:

Rob built a fire pit so the kids could have a wiener roast.
Sky and Hallie Hansen in Hyde Park

Oh What a Beautiful Morning! 
Oh what a beautiful day!  
I've got a beautiful feeling - 
Everything's going my way! 

I can see others of you loving it too.

Maybe we should each pledge to sing or think about these words, as we face each new day.  At least we would get the day started with a smile!




2 comments:

Janay said...

I loved the text from Dad -- and he's right, he did manage to get the most important part right.

I did think of Rob singing his heart out -- whether it's real or feigned, it always helps me feel like life is good no matter what.

I hope Dad continues to do better. I liked seeing him doing his ironing. It reminded me of being a kid at home and sitting with him while he ironed all his shirts and pants. I love you guys so much.

Tammy said...

Nice to catch up on your blog today! My iphoto pics aren't organized at all. I'm impressed that you have been trying to learn. And Dad's text message! Haha! He has always been so patient about those "quick" shopping trips.

Those pink flowers on the table beside you are so pretty. And nice that your president was able to check in on everyone by phone conference. Ah! Technology!

It's nice to see Dad happily ironing his shirts. Glad he is feeling better.