| Built in 1880 18 bedrooms with baths |
![]() |
| Opera house seats 500 |
We wish we had better pictures as it is a quaint little town. It's an interesting idea anyway.
Lake Sinclair
We have been out visiting people all around this lake. It is a huge lake, but it has hundreds of little tentacles that go out from it, so you never arrive at "the Lake" It gives many more people a piece of the shoreline as it is so jagged.
There are not many places where non- property owners like us can even see the lake. There are also a lot of trees.
Tonight, as we were turning for home, we stopped at a boat launch to get a better look at the lake, but we thought this part looked a bit like the river I showed you before in Dublin.
We will keep looking for a better spot, as it is supposed to be really beautiful.
Church in Milledgeville 08/11/13
So many of the people we have been visiting actually came today. That was very special for us. Three of the single people we have visited lately were there; also the whole family with Egyptian names - eight children was quietly sitting in the chapel when we arrived with an investigating family and their seven lovely children.
The biggest surprise was the family we visited way out by Sandersville on Friday. We were actually checking on the 70 year old woman, who is so sweet, but has limited church contact as she doesn't have a reliable vehicle. A few weeks ago on her way home from church, something conked out and she was stranded for quite awhile roadside in our 95 degree weather, before she could get through to her son to rescue her. Maybe we told you about her before. She is the lady who was reupholstering car seats for vintage autos.
This day, she was not feeling very well due to fatigue from a heart murmur. Of course she had been out repotting aloe vera plants that grew here and there in her yard. She found 50 plants, so insisted we bring one home. Her son, (51) who she lives with, came home early from his construction job. We had not met him, but found him to have a gentle, kind spirit. Doug talked to him about church, but he said he had not come for years because of habits that kept him away. Doug told him we all have things we need to improve each day - that's partly what coming to church is all about to develop the faith and desire to overcome things, and feel the love and support of the savior and the members as we each deal with our own deficiencies. He said "Well don't expect to see me any time soon".
Imagine our surprise to see him sitting there with his mother. She later told me quietly that she was actually shocked to see him up and ready to go. He said for some reason, he could really feel a loving spirit in Doug's invitation to come, and didn't want to disappoint him.
We are off to Dublin tomorrow for our P-day. We are trying to go whenever we can, as we see a time when we will have too much to do here, to be away so often. Even now, we cannot see all our older people in one visit, so we see them only every other week. We are hoping the ward down there will find a way to make these visits,


8 comments:
It made me cry to hear about the son's reaction to Dad's invitation. You two are such an example of just loving and accepting others. I'm sure many will be able to feel that from you. Love you.
Also, I can't believe that whole town is for sale!?! Who would buy a whole town? Seems pretty crazy.
Oh yeah...that above comment is from Janay.
I wonder who would buy the whole town. What would they do with it? Why is it totally empty? I'm fascinated by that, actually. What is it's history? I want you to go back there and find out.
I'm sure it was so rewarding to see some unexpected friends at church. Especially the construction worker son. Dad does have a loving spirit about him. I'm not surprised this man felt that.
Okay. I just had to google that Toomsboro town. I still didn't find out much about it. Where did everyone go who once opened those shops, I wonder?
Hey!, If we all put our money together...
The river does look beautiful to me... all those trees, georgeous!!
I'M WITH RYAN. LETS BUY THAT TOWN. They have an opera house and everything...
Post a Comment