Milledgeville Ward Building

The Milledgeville, GA Ward Building
Members come from Eatonton, Gordon, Sandersville, Sparta, Devereaux, and more, as well as Milledgeville. Our ward covers 5 counties: Baldwin, Wilkinson, Washington, Hancock, Putnam.

Monday, April 1, 2013

April in Georgia!

Birthday Central

We are excited to think of all of our family who celebrate birthdays this month.   We love you all and wish you the happiest of birthdays and the best of good things in the year ahead!

Michael Castleton - Chelsea's oldest son on April 20th.  We usually post pictures of the Grandchildren, but somehow Michael has evaded our camera.  He turns 20 this year.  He has been living with roommates in Lethbridge, Alberta, and working at a Ski and Skate Shop.

Zoe Capsolas -  Sarah and Jamie's middle child (of 3), living in Ladera Ranch California.  She will be 4 on April 11th.  This picture was taken by Aunt Mary-Jane just before we left.  I think it captures Zoe's quirky enthusiasm.  She is fun-loving, full of life and up for anything.  She has a great sense of humor, and always makes us smile.


Peter Snarr - Rebekah and Ryan's child (third of four).  Photo from last summer in our back yard (thanks MJ).  Peter has changed so much this past year - is that part of turning five?  His birthday is April 7th.  Besides being a puzzle expert and liking to display his latest physical exploits, he has the best fine motor skills I have ever seen in a boy.  We will not recognize him when we return.

Keith Castleton - our oldest son has a birthday April 3rd
Rebekah Snarr - our beautiful 4th daughter celebrates April 28th.


General Conference is this weekend!  

LDS Conference Center in Salt Lake City
right across from the LDS Temple

We can hardly wait.  It is always a great blessing to hear the choir - (and try to pick out Ryan Snarr, our son-in-law, singing).  Also, to listen to the prophet and the apostles who we know have been called by God to lead and direct us in this portion of the latter dispensation.  We love to hear their messages and take from them what we individually need in the way of direction, recommitment, and comfort.



All sessions will be available through BYUTV on Satellite TV
byubroadcasting.org:  via internet at
www.lds.org; or at your local LDS chapel.

Sessions are at 10am and 2pm MST on Saturday April 6, and Sunday Apr. 7th.

I know there is a way to put an official site on the blog, but when I tried, I didn't even know the terms they were using to explain how.  Help, all you tech savy people!

The Conference Center in Salt Lake is such an amazing place.
It's the world's largest theater type building.
We wish you could all see it, and feel the spirit that is there.
When the meeting or performance is over, the people seem to disappear.
There are seldom any big waiting lines. 
That is incredible in a place that seats more than 21,000.
It is large enough to fit two Boeing 747 airplanes without the wings touching,
and still there are usually people waiting in case there are any vacant seats.

We have been carrying Conference notices to the homes of all we visit - knowing that if they will tune in, they will feel the spirit and come away with worthwhile resolves.

We hope it will be so for you as well.  We always feel close to you during Conference, knowing that many of you are hearing the same messages as we are, and sharing our feelings of unity, love and peace - even if you are listening in places far away.


3 comments:

mj said...

Ahh!!! Mama. I wish I could watch conference with you cuddle up, eat a cinnamon roll and write in my journal. We really love you and miss you guys.

Today i told a little boy I was watching that I don't have my mama living with me any more to help me make good choices...later I told him my tummy had hurt on Easter bc I had eaten too much candy. He told me I should try to at least live in the same building as my mom if I can...so i don't make those kind of mistakes.:)

Tammy said...

I LOVE that picture of Zoe! You're right Mom, it does capture her spunky little personality.
I'm excited to be home for conference weekend. After a few weeks away from Nathan and Brian, it will be so nice to cuddle up together and listen to the messages.

Also. MJ's comments above. hahaha!!

Janay said...

I love that you always remember to wish everyone a happy birthday. I think it's special.
I am really excited to watch the Saturday session of conference this time -- I've missed it the last 4 years because of music school. Luckily, this year conference coincides with spring break, so I'll be around.
Impressive knowledge about the boeing 747's. I only know about things like that because Jon knows what all the different planes are because of his travels.